The Pop-Up City Live in Brussels
Various urban initiatives live on stage
Beursschouwburg, A. Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussel
Wednesday 28 May 2014 - 20:00
IN ENGLISH | Subscribe to the facebook event
LIFESTYLE | DESIGN | ARCHITECTURE | BOOKS | FOOD | GREEN | TECHNOLOGY | INVENTIONS | URBANISM | MARKETING
The city lives. New initiatives are shooting up like mushrooms everywhere. The Pop-Up City is a trend-setting international blog about urban culture, design and lifestyle. It's all about the city in the broadest sense: it covers music, art, trends, architecture ... After a successful live event last year in Amsterdam, it's now the turn of Brussels. Jeroen Beekmans and Joop de Boer present a lively and varied evening as well as ... their first book!
- Gerben Van den Abbeele tells the story of his 'Pop Up Park' project in the Canal zone of Brussels: Canal PARK. (photo)
- Bram Hermans and Job Van Nieuwenhove tell us more about their project Urban Stories.
- Patrice Fleurquin explains the concept of Spacified!, an initiative that helps you find the space in the city you need.
- Brussel based architects Louisa Vermoere and Andrea Sollazzo surprise us with their guerilla style up-cycle project Swing in the cracks.
- Watch City One Minutes from Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and many more cities in the black box downstairs.
- The Antwerp based food bloggers of Alledagenhonger show off their cooking skills, live on stage.
- Interview with the initiator of Épaulé Jeté, a new Brussels-based 'lieu de vie'.
- Les Boulistes Bruxellois tell you more about pop-up pétanque and dare you to throw some boules yourself
- Funky tunes by DJ The Wild
Find out more about the Pop-Up City Book in the video below. Or find it on Kickstarter.
Organisation: deBuren in cooperation with Beursschouwburg and The Pop-Up City.
Fields marked with a star are required.